Seattle Pottery Supply
||602 in stock
*Back orders will be placed for order quantities exceeding that of on-hand inventory.
FIRING RANGE: BEST AT CONE 5 (2167-2232ºF)
- Wet Color: Brown
- Firing Color: Gold w/ dark speckles
Texture: Lightly Coarse
Avg. Shrinkage 2±%: 8 at cone 5
Despite the fact we released it on April Fool’s Day, this clay is no joke (the name actually refers to the gold-mimicking mineral Pyrite).
Fool’s Gold has a rich, warm, golden brown color with flecks of gold and an exemplary throwing ability. It has great fired strength and is perfect for tableware and drinkware. All pieces exhibit an extreme durability that will hold up in industrial dishwashers and the toughest things life has to throw at it.
25 lb blocks.
Some of our favorite clay features:
- Rich, warm, golden brown color with flecks of gold
- Exemplary throwing ability
- No absorption, and an extremely dense matrix, when fired at cone 6, that still allows for early gassing in kiln to reduce chances of bubbles in glazes as well as body bloating if overfired
- Great fired strength: perfect for tableware and drinkware - all pieces exhibit an extreme durability that will hold up in industrial dishwashers and the toughest things life has to throw at it
- A great gold finish!
USPS Priority Domestic Shipping
25lbs (preorder 1x 25 lb block) $19 shipping
50lbs (preorder 2x 25lb blocks) $24 shipping
*Please be aware that natural impurities may occasionally occur in our clay! Our clays are made with natural minerals, mined from the earth. In some rare cases, natural impurities, or ribbons of other minerals, are mixed in with the raw materials provided by our suppliers. This can lead to clays that don’t perform the way they are supposed to. If you have any questions about a particular clay body, please reach out to email@example.com.