SPS Job Openings
For over 40 years, Seattle Pottery Supply has been a pillar of the Pacific Northwest’s ceramics and arts community. We manufacture and provide a multi-faceted spectrum of high-quality ceramic products and services, that are available online and in-person. We have evolved to meet the needs and demands of our family of artists, students, sellers, and educational institutions.
We are expanding our capabilities and can use your help!
Inside Sales Representative (2 positions available)
About this position
- Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for excellent customer service, maintaining and building relationships with new and existing customers, and driving revenue through sale of our products.
- Helping by answer incoming phone calls as needed
- Making outbound calls, both cold and to existing customers.
- Place orders through online system
- Foster positive customer relationships
- Drive growth YOY for existing customers
- Meet sales goals weekly, monthly and yearly
Required Qualification and Candidate Attributes
- Hard working
- Demonstrate a history of creative thinking and autonomous work
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, especially in escalated circumstances
- Comfortable interacting with customers through email and over the phone
- Can perform basic math skills
- Desire to learn and improve
- Ceramics experience is a plus, but not necessary
- A knowledge or interest of the ceramic community and artistic endeavors
- Absorb information quickly and can confidently apply new knowledge
- Not afraid to ask for clarification
Pugmill Operator (1 position available)
- Operate production equipment (pugmill, extruder, vacuum pumps, etc.)
- Maintain production equipment
- Review and follow manufacturing bill of materials to produce clay
- Assemble clay, bag and label to create finished goods
- Store products and raw materials
- Report on defective products or equipment
- Check stock levels and report deficiencies in products or raw materials
- Keep the worksite clean to avoid hazards from raw materials and disorganization
- Transfer raw materials and finished goods manually or with forklift
- Follow the company’s safety and quality guidelines
- Previous experience as a production worker or similar role in a warehouse or ceramic institution
- Working knowledge of clay used in the ceramic arts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of basic safety rules and precautionary measures (safety gear will be provided)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- High School Diploma/GED
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience working within the ceramics field, or a production facility, desired.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods at production equipment.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift 50 lb bags on a consistent basis.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Pass a medical screening and fit test (provided by the company) required to wear half-face respirator.
- Ability wear a half-face respirator for prolonged periods (6+ hours)
CASHIER (1 position available)
- Ringing orders up using point of sale software
- Restocking shelves
- Display a positive and professional demeanor with a “people-first” attitude
If you are interested, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position that you are interested in.
We look forward to hearing from you!