18” Top-Loading Home Pottery Studio Kiln
SKU: 30184-WDC-240 Brand: Seattle Pottery Supply
Currently selected options:
Our #1 most popular pottery kiln for home potters! Our eight-sided 18" Top-Loading Electric Pottery Kiln offers home potters the perfect balance of interior space and a compact size. Also only requires a 30 amp breaker, so it works with most home electrical systems.
Our favorite features for the 18" Home Pottery Studio Kiln are:
- Sized right for easy loading and unloading
- 18” x 18" interior diameter (2 rings)
- Approximately 2.8 cubic feet
- Fires to Cone 10
- Includes a V6CF digital controller
- Fits our 18" kiln octagon shelf kit (shelves not included; shop our kiln shelf kits here)
- Requires just 240V, ideal for home studios
- Made with 3 inch fire brick
- Made to order, up to 6 weeks lead time
- ETL certified, 1 yr warranty
- Hand made in Seattle, WA, USA since 1975.
- We can accommodate most electrical customization. Please contact us if you need 3-phase power or have other electrical requirements
Requires a minimum 30 Amp breaker and NEMA 10-30 plug. Please confirm that you have a 30 amp breaker with a 240 volt NEMA 10-30 receptacle available in your home studio.
Ships freight, on a pallet; shipping costs will be calculated in the cart.
Other variations of this kiln are available for professional, school, and specialized electrical requirements. 18” Top-Loading Professional-Grade Pottery Kiln. Options include different voltages and may require up to 40 amp breakers, wiring, and outlets. Beware of any kiln rated for more than 30 amps if you want to avoid hiring an electrician to rewire your home studio.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I have 2 questions about this kiln. 1: What is the KWH that it uses 2: Where can I read reviews from people who have purchased it?
Model 184 requires a 30 amp breaker, and will draw about 22 amps on average, at 240 volts.
Watts = 22 amps x 240 volts = 5280 Watts = 5.28kW
To get kWH you must multiply by a number of hours that the elements are actually on, not the total time for a firing. Remember that the controller is turningthe lements on and off to maintain the desired temperature.
For every 1 hour that the elements are actually on, academic energy consulption is 5.28kWH.
I'm afraid that no customers have reviewed this specific product on the website. This is our #1 most popular home studio kiln.
What is your current lead time for shipping kilns. I am interested in purchasing one but curious when I could expect it to ship.
This kiln is in stock and ready for pickup or shipment. Other kilns, not in stock, 2-4 weeks.
Do I need an electrician to install my kiln outlet?
Yes, we recommend that you get a professional to install the correct receptacle and breaker.